1. Constantly compare yourself to other artists.
2. Talk to your family about what you do and expect them to cheer you on.
3. Base the success of your entire career on one project.
4. Stick with what you know.
5. Undervalue your expertise.
6. Let money dictate what you do.
7. Bow to societal pressures.
8. Only do work that your family would love.
9. Do whatever the client/customer/gallery owner/patron/investor asks.
10. Set unachievable or overwhelming goals to be accomplished by tomorrow.
I have a printed version of this hanging on my office wall as a constant reminder of what not to do. It seems we all can fall into one or all of these time and time again from project to project. Please feel free to print, share, reblog, retweet, facebook or + it.
Check out more about Prolifik here
Here are some examples of their work
TGLS 2011 Sound Barrier
“Some Assembly Required”